Paneer Peas Pulao

I have been thinking hard about the paneer I had in my fridge. So many ideas flow through my mind but non of them came to reality. And at last yesterday I decided to do this pulao. Adding crumbled paneer to pulao made it very delicious. At first when I served it to my daughter, she hesitated a lot. I even had to black mail her into eating it. But when she came for a second helping and then the third, I was sure that she loved it. It is so hard to satisfy kids. The combination of paneer and green peas was so nice. I sauteed the paneer before adding to the rice and that gave a nice texture to the pulao.



Ingredients:
Crumbled Paneer-2 cups
Green Peas-1 cup
Rice-1 cup
Oil-5 tbs
Cinnamon-a small piece
Clove-2
Star Anise-1
Black Cardamom-1
Onion-2
Salt-to taste
Curd-2 tbs
Turmeric Powder-1/2 tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1 tsp
Coriander Powder-1 tsp
Water-4 cups
Coriander Leaves-4 tbs

Procedure:
  1. In a non stick pan add 1 tbs oil and add the crumbled paneer.
  2. Saute until it becomes golden. Transfer to a bowl and keep it aside.
  3. In the same pan add the remaining oil and add the whole spices.
  4. When they crackle add onions and sauté until golden.
  5. Add the green peas and a pinch of salt.
  6. Saute on medium flame. Add ¼ cup of water, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder and curd.
  7. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. When the water is fully evaporated and oil floats add washed and drained rice.
  8. Saute for 2 minutes.
  9. Add water and salt. When the water boils reduce flame to medium and cook until 75% done.
  10. Add sautéed paneer and coriander leaves.
  11. Cover the pan with an aluminium foil and lid.
  12. Keep flame to low and cook for 5 minutes. Switch off flame.
  13. Remove foil, mix rice and cover it again.
  14. Serve after 15 minutes.

Labels: , , ,