Kesar Badam Peda

Today is the first day of Blogging Marathon #22 Week 2. I will be posting some recipes for Diwali. This is my second attempt in creating kesar badam burfi, and this time I got a delicious peda. Last time I tried out a recipe from the ne and it turned out to be kesar badam halwa. So to bring it to burfi consistency, I needed to reduce the milk content in the mixture. I tried out my own recipe for the second attempt and ended with a peda which is soft but firm unlike the halwa. I think next time I will surely get the burfi perfect. My daughter loved these pedas and this is part of my Diwali sweets.



Ingredients:
Badam/ Almonds-100gm / 2/3 cup (blanched and peeled)
Sugar-150gm/ 2/3 cup
Cardamom Powder-1/4tsp
Saffron Strands-a generous pinch
Unsweetened Khova/ Mawa-1/2cup
Ghee-1/4cup
Pistachios-5-6 for garnish

Procedure:
1. Grind khova and almonds adding enough water to make a smooth paste.
2. In a pan take the almond mixture along with sugar and mix well.
3. Roast the saffron strands for 10seconds.
4. Add a table spoon of warm milk and 7-8 strands of roasted saffron and let it stand for 5minutes.
5. Add it to the almond mixture.
6. Heat the mixture and keep on stirring.
7. The mixture will start thickening. Add table spoons of ghee at regular intervals until you use up the entire 1/4 cup.
8. Keep on stirring until the mixture resembles a thick and soft dough.
9. Grease a plate or a tin and transfer the mixture into it.
10. Garnish the top with the remaining saffron strands and sliced pistachios.
11. When completely cool, slice them into desired shapes. Alternately, you can divide the mixture into small balls and shape each ball into a peda.

For recipes by other bloggers taking part in Blogging Marathon, check here.

Labels: , , , ,