Eggless Molten Lava Cake

For this month's Baking Eggless Group Challenge, Sowmya of Nivedhanam chose the recipe for us to try and it was molten lava cake. I selected the recipe from Noobcook and we tried converting it into an egg free recipe. I thought of making this 20 days back but I was having a hard time since then. Every one was falling sick and at last it came to me. I was ill the last three days and thought I will never make it to the reveal date. Today I felt a bit fine and at once started making preparations. I did some alterations to the original recipe and the final outcome was a very gooey, very chocolaty and a delicious molten lava cake. The original recipe had two eggs and only three teaspoons of flour in it. So the eggs shall also contribute to the volume. So instead of just replacing the eggs, I also added extra flour to the batter. I also added some chocolate bars in the middle of the batter before baking and there was this molten chocolate inside along with the gooey centre. This cake tastes better when served with ice cream but as we are infected with cold, I skipped the ice cream and served it warm with a dusting of icing sugar on top.


Recipe Adapted From Noobcook
Makes 4 - 3" cakes
Ingredients:
Butter-100 gm / 1/2 cup
Chocolate-100 gm
All Purpose Flour- 1/2 cup
Baking Powder-1/2 tsp
Curd- 1/4 cup
Caster Sugar- 1/3 cup
Icing Sugar-For Dusting
Chocolate Squares-8

Procedure:
1. In a double boiler melt chocolate and butter.
2. Remove from heat and whisk well.
3. Add in the sugar and curd and whisk well.
4. Sieve in the flour and baking powder and mix well.
5. Grease 4 ramekins.
6. Fill 1/2 the ramekins with the batter.
7. Place 2 small chocolate squares on each ramekin and pour in the remaining batter on top.
8. Preheat oven to 180C.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let it sit aside for 5 minutes.
11. Run a knife around the edge and carefully flip the cake on a serving plate. 
12. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm along with fruits and ice cream.



Labels: , , , ,