Chickpeas Potato Salad

Yesterday was supposed to be the third day of Blogging Marathon#22. I couldn't post for the event as I was down with high fever. Today I was alright by evening and I couldn't stay away from my most favourite place in the house - my kitchen. But as I was still low in energy, I wanted to make something easy. What other dish than salad could be easy to put together? And also there is Kalyani's Magic Mingle for which I haven't posted any recipe. So I think this is the perfect recipe for both the events. Magic Mingle this month is hosted by Pradnya and the magic ingredients are potato and cumin seeds. This salad has walnuts and green bell pepper for the crunch and the chickpeas and potatoes give the soft touch to the dish. My daughter is a fan of both chickpeas and potatoes. So she liked this very much. The salad was so filling that I had to skip my dinner. Paneer gives a rich finish to the salad.
 


Ingredients:
Frozen Chickpeas / Chickpeas soaked for 8 hours-1 cup
Potato-1 large
Crumbled Paneer-1/2 cup
Green Capsicum-1
Walnuts-2 tbs
Oil-1 tsp
Salt-to taste
Roasted Cumin Powder-1 tsp
Pepper Powder- To Taste
Coriander Leaves-2 tbs

Procedure:
1. In a pan, heat oil.
2. Add walnuts and roast for a minute.
3. Add the crumbled paneer and saute until golden.
4. In a pressure cooker add chickpeas and the potato along with 2 cups of water.
5. Pressure cook for 5 minutes.
6. Drain out the water and transfer the chickpeas to another bowl.
7. Peel and dice the potato.
8. Add the cooked chickpeas and cubed potato to the pan.
9. Add cubed capsicum along with all the other ingredients.
10. Remove from flame and give a gentle toss.
11. Serve it hot.


Check out the marathoners running this 22nd edition of blogging marathon here.
Also linking this to Magic Mingle #11 guest hosted by Pradnya and started by Kalyani.



Labels: , , , ,