Maa Laadu / Porikadalai Laddu - A Guest Post For Archana

When Archana of The Mad Scientist's Kitchen asked me to write a guest post in her space for her Mere Athithi Series, I was very happy. I had so many ideas in my head and at last this traditional sweet won. This simple sweet is made of roasted gram and sugar and is very delicate. It is very easy to prepare once you get hold of the technique. The laddus must hold shape and should not crumble. The important factor is the addition of the ghee. If you add more ghee then the laddus will not hold shape and if it is less then it will crumble. So addition of the correct amount of ghee comes with practice. It melts in the mouth and has a lovely flavour of ghee to it. This makes a good neivedhyam during poojas. 



I would like to thank Archana for the wonderful post she has written about me and this space. I will be very happy if you can take your time to read her post and appreciate the effort taken by her. You can read her post at her blog

Labels: , , , , , ,