Savoury Pumpkin Spread

I usually use butter or jam as the spread for my toasts. When I selected the theme Spreads for the Blogging Marathon Week 2, I went through so many recipes in the blogosphere. Only then I got an idea of how inventive we can become in preparing a spread. For the first day I made a savoury pumpkin spread to go with my toast. I toasted the bread slices in oven to golden brown after slathering it with unsalted butter. Then I enjoyed it with the wonderful spread with a cup of coffee. It was absolutely delicious. I am also linking this to Magic Mingle #9 as the core ingredients are the magic ingredients Kalyani selected.


Ingredients:
Pumpkin-1cup ( peeled, cooked and mashed)
Green Chilly-5
Salt-to taste
Coriander Leaves-3tbs
Curd-1/4cup
Oil-1tsp

Procedure:
1. Heat oil and add the green chillies. Saute for 30seconds.
2. Add the coriander leaves and pumpkin. Saute until the pumpkin lets out oil.
3. Add salt and give a nice stir.
4. Remove from heat. Take the mixture in a jar and add curd.
5. Grind it to a coarse paste.
6. Transfer to a bowl.
7. Serve it along with toasted bread slices.


I love my toasts golden and crispy.

You can view all the recipes from other bloggers taking part in BM here

Labels: , , , , ,