Instant Pumpkin and Green Chilly Pickle

For this month's Magic Mingle, Kalyani chose Pumpkin and Fresh Chillies as the two magic ingredients to be used up in the dish. I have been thinking a lot to make both star ingredients of the dish. As I am a great fan of Master Chef Australia, I wanted to make an unusual dish just like how the participants end up making in an invention test. The first idea which popped in my mind was the pickle. Until I tasted it, I was in doubt whether it is going to make it to the blog. Hubby also saw that I was preparing a dish with pumpkin. When I served this with curd rice, he hesitated a lot because he is not a great fan of pumpkin. But I forced him to taste a little before rejecting it. For my astonishment, he asked another spoon full of the pickle and finished it promptly. I am extremely happy for the success of this dish. I added vinegar to give the pickle the necessary sour taste. The green chillies added the needed spice. As this pickle doesn't have much oil, refrigerate and use.


Ingredients:
Pumpkin-1cup (Peeled, Cooked and Mashed)
Green Chilly-8-10
White Vinegar-2tbs
Salt-to taste
Methi Powder-a pinch
Oil-3tbs
Mustard Seeds-1/2tsp

Procedure:
1. Heat oil and add mustard seeds.
2. When they crackle, add the green chillies and saute for a minute.
3. Add the mashed pumpkin and cook until it lets out oil.
4. Add vinegar, methi powder and salt.
5. Cook for a minute. Adjust seasoning. Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
6. Serve it along with curd rice.

Labels: , ,