Coconut Cookies/ Kobbari Biscuttu

For this month's Blog Hop Wednesday, Radhika paired me with Smitha of kannada cuisine. She has a lot of authentic kannada recipes but I went through her bakes section. I saw these cookies and I knew I had to try them. I prepared these cookies twice. First I prepared it as per her instructions and my daughter loved them. But I was not satisfied because they came out flat and crumbly. I think I made a mistake while following the recipe. The next attempt, I did some changes in the recipe and the result was great. I used castor sugar instead of granulated sugar and used less vanaspathi. The cookies did melt in the mouth and full of coconut flavour.



Recipe Source: Smitha 
Ingredients:
All Purpose Flour/ Maida-1cup
Castor Sugar-1cup
Dalda/ Vanaspathi/ Shortening-100gm
Baking Powder-1/2tsp
Baking Soda-1/4tsp
Grated Kopra-1/3cup


Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and coconut and mix well.
3. Add vanaspathi and mix it to form a crumbly dough.
4. Take small portions of the dough and press it together to form a ball.
5. Place it on a lined baking tray.
6. Place the balls 1" apart.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is cracked and slighly brown in colour.
8. Allow it o cool completely before removing from the tray.
9. Store in airtight jar.



The dough must be crumbly.


Make small balls out of the dough by pressing them tightly.
Linking this to Blog Hop Wednesday#18 by Radhika and  Srivalli's Cookie Mela.

Labels: , , , , ,