Sweet Corn Sundal

My daughter loves sweet corn. Whenever we go shopping, she has to get a cup of steamed sweet corn. Otherwise she will not be satisfied. Two days back I bough two sweet corn cobs from the market. Yesterday I steamed one and she was so happy to get that. The remaining corn was used today to make this delicious and simple sundal. I also bought a small pack of fresh almonds. From 100gm of fresh almonds, I got a handful of almond nut. As I didn't know what to do with such a small quantity, I added it to the sundal. It was so nice and Sruti liked it.  I am linking this to Kid's Delight-Evening Snacks and Tiffin started bySrivalli and hosted by Vardini Koushik.




Ingredients:
Sweet Corn-1
Onion-1
Green Chilly-2
Grated Coconut-3tbs
Coriander Leaves-2tbs
Salt-to taste
Fresh Almonds-a handful (Click to know more)
Mustard and Urad Dhal-1tsp
Hing/ Asafoetida-a pinch
Oil-1tsp

Procedure:
1. Remove the fibres from the cob of corn.
2. Break it into two and pressure cook it for 5minutes.
3. Remove from the cooker and allow it to cool.
4. With the help of knife, remove the kernels from the cob.
5. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, urad dhal and hing.
6. When they crackle add onion, almonds and green chillies.
7. Saute until golden.
8. Add the corn kernels and salt.
9. Mix well. saute for a minute on low flame.
10. Add the grated coconut and coriander leaves.
11. Give a nice mix, remove from stove and serve hot.
Please check out the other marathoners running this 17th edition of blogging marathon here.  

Labels: , , , ,