Sprouts Stuffed Tinda Curry

Tinda is called as Indian round gourd/ Indian baby pumpkin. I have seen so many recipes using tinda in the blogosphere but never used the veggie in my recipes. I usually see this vegetable in a super market near my house. But as I didn't know how to cook it, I never buy it. Then one day I got the courage to try it out. So I bought home small tindas and left it in the fridge. I couldn't decide upon the dish. I had some moong sprouts along with the tindas. So one fine day, I became a little creative and tried to use both in a curry. I ground the sprouts and stuffed it along with some spices in the tindas. Then I cooked the curry and it went very well with rice. It also tasted great with chapathi. K didn't know about tinda but liked it very much. 



Ingredients:
Tinda-3(medium sized)
Curd/ Yogurt-1cup
Salt-to taste
Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp
Oil-1tbs
Turmeric Powder-1/2tsp
Chopped Coriander Leaves-3tbs

For The Filling:
Moong Sprouts-1/2cup
Onion-1
Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp
Coriander Powder-1/2tsp
Dry Mango Powder-1/4tsp
Garam Masala-1/4tsp
Fennel Seeds-1tsp
Oil-1tbs


Procedure:
1. Remove the skin of tindas with a peeler.
2. With a knife make a hole on top.
3. Scoop out all the seeds using a spoon. Keep them aside.
4. Coarsely grind the sprouts with out water.
5. For the filling, heat oil and add fennel.
6. When splutters, add the onions and saute till golden.
7. Add the sprouts and saute for a minute.
8. Add the other ingredients for the stuffing, sprinkle water and cook it for 5minutes. 
9. Let the mixture become dry. 
10. Now stuff the tindas with the filling to the rim.
11. Heat oil in a pan and add the remaining filling.
12. Add all the other ingredients to the pan.
13. Add 1/2cup of water and mix well.
14. Now place the tindas inside the pan and cover it with lid.
15. Cook on low flame until the tindas are tender.
16. Add water to get the required consistency.
17. Bring to boil, cook for 2minutes and switch off stove.
18. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.



Labels: , , ,