Pachai Milagai Bajji/ Green Chilly Bajji

Today is the second week of Blogging Marathon#17. From this month onward, the concept of blogging marathon has been changed. Usually we used to post non stop for 14days on selected themes. But this month, Srivalli has introduced a new concept in which we need to blog for three days in a week on a selected theme. One can choose to blog all the four week under different themes. I missed out last week as I had just returned from Shirdi. From this week onward I will be participating in all the three weeks. For this week I have chosen Deep Fried Vadas and Fritters. I prepared these delicious and crispy bajjis to go with pori upma/ mandakki oggarane I posted earlier. This was a combination I learnt about when in North Karnataka. I was at first very afraid to taste this bajji as it had a whole green chilly in it. But when I took the first bite, I realised that it was not that hot. They were absolutely delicious with the upma. When I decided to prepare bajjis, I searched for besan in my pantry and I realised that I was out of stock. I had every thing prepared I didn't have time to rush to the store. So I made a little twist in the recipe and what I got was these wonderful bajjis. Curious about the ingredient I used? Read on...



Ingredients:
Wheat Flour-1/2cup
Maize Flour- 1/8cup
Rice Flour-2tbs
Salt-to taste
Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
Food Colour-a few drops
Baking Powder-1/4tsp
Oil-To Deep Fry
Green Chilly-10-15

Procedure:
1. Wash the green chillies and wipe them dry.
2. Slit it along the entire length with a sharp knife.
3. Remove the stalk with the seeds inside.
4. Mix the flours, salt, chilly powder, baking powder and food colour.
5. Add water and prepare a thick batter.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Dip the green chillies one by one in the batter, roll over to coat it completely with batter and drop it carefully into hot oil.
7. Fry until the sides are golden.
8. Drain and place it on an absorbent paper.
9. Serve hot along with pori upma or tomato ketchup.



This is the method of preparing the chillies.
Please check out the other marathoners running this 17th edition of blogging marathon here.

Labels: , , , , , , ,