Nutty Carrot Salad

Today is the second day of week three in Blogging Marathon and I prepared this delicious carrot salad for my evening tea. I wanted to munch on something nutty with my evening coffee today. I remembered a recipe I saw on Junior Master Chef Australia recently. Chef taught the kids to prepare a simple carrot salad and I wanted to try it out. I adapted the recipe to my liking and it was very delicious. The nuts and muesli added a nice crunch to the salad and it was very nutritious and filling. I used one carrot and prepared one serving. You can increase the ingredients proportionately according to the number of servings. I also made a carrot swirl with a pistachio inside for garnish. 


Ingredients:
Carrot-1
Pistachio-5
Walnuts-2tbs
Muesli-2tbs
Salt-to taste
Pepper Powder-two pinches
Jaggery-2-3tbs

Procedure:
1. Peel and grate carrot.
2. Crush the nuts coarsely in a mortar using a pestle.
3. Ad this nut mixture to the carrots. 
4. Crush the muesli coarsely and add it to carrots.
5. Sprinkle salt, pepper and jaggery.
6. Give a nice mix and transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with carrot swirls and serve immediately.

Please check out the other marathoners running this 17th edition of blogging marathon here.  
Linking this to Kriti's Serve It - Raw, Kalyani's Kitchen Chronicles-Go Nuts hosted by Archana and Renuka's Salad Splendour

  

Labels: , , , , ,