Pudina Paneer Tikka

Here is my next entry to Kalyani's Magic Mingle. For this month Kalyani selected Paneer, which is my most favourite ingredient and paired it up with Mint. This is the third dish with this combination. As my niece has come to Madurai on her holiday, I wanted to prepare something special for her. She likes my cooking! When I saw the block of Paneer still lying in my fridge, I first thought of making Paneer tikka. But keeping this event in mind, I set out preparing this pudina paneer tikka, which has very interesting ingredients. This is totally an experimental recipe, but it turned out nice. I served it along with Beetroot pulao and onion raitha. That was an wonderful combination and my niece liked it a lot. So mission accomplished.




Ingredients:
Paneer-300
Curd/ Yogurt-1/3cup
Mint Leaves-3tbs(finely chopped)
Maize Flour-2-3tbs
Salt-to taste
Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp
Garam Masala-1/4tsp
Amchur Powder-a pinch
Yellow Red Food Colour- a few drops
Oil-3tbs
Chaat Masala-For Garnish


Procedure:
1. Cut Paneer into cubes.
2. In a large bowl, mix curd, pudina, red chilly powder, salt, garam masala, amchur and food colour.
3. Coat paneer with this mixture and marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Sprinkle maize flour on top of paneer and mix carefully.
5. Heat a on stick tawa, spread oil and place the cubes on it.
6. With the help of tongs, keep on flipping the paneer pieces until all the sides are golden.
7. Remove from tawa and arrange on a serving plate.
8. Sprinkle chaat masala and serve immediately.



Labels: , , ,