I had a block of Paneer and I was planning to prepare this pakoda/ bajji for a long time. As I was travelling a lot this month, I was postponing the preparation. Yesterday, I came back and I had to prepare some snack for the tea time. Remembered the paneer block and set out preparing it. The mint and green chillies along with some spices went into the filling and the batter was chick pea flour based. The pakoda was very tasty with tomato ketchup and we had a nice snack with our evening coffee. For this month's Magic Mingle, Kalyani chose two magic ingredients-Paneer and Mint. This recipe goes to MM5.
Oil-To Deep Fry
For The Filling:
For The Batter:
Orange Red Food Colour-3drops
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
1. Grind all the ingredients given for the filling into a coarse mixture without adding water.
2. Mix besan, rice flour, food colour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and red chilly powder in a bowl.
3. Add water gradually and whisk until you get a batter which is lump free. The batter must resemble idli batter consistency.
4. Cut the paneer into 9 equal cubes.
5. Slice each cube horizontally into two.
6. Place the filling on one part and place the other part on top.
7. Finish off with all the 9 pieces.
8. Heat oil in a pan.
9. Dip each paneer cube into the batter and drop carefully into hot oil.
10. Fry until the sides are golden.
11. Serve hot along with ketchup.
Linking this to SYF-HWS Series-Fennel Seeds hosted by Kaveri and started by Anu.