Eggless Banana Muffins

For this month's Baking Eggless Group Challenge, I selected Banana muffins from Allrecipes. This is a very easy recipe and the substitution is also very easy.  As this is vacation time, I didn't want to burden us with a very challenging recipe. Usually banana muffins I prepare puff up nicely during baking but after cooling they fall flat. Though they are soft and moist, they miss the cracked dome which makes the muffins beautiful. But this time, the muffins rose well and the dome stayed as it is even after cooling. The inside was so soft fluffy and moist. I have prepared muffins with brown sugar but this has white sugar in it. I used milk instead of egg in the recipe and I added an extra 1/2tsp of baking powder. Otherwise the original recipe remains the same.
My nephew visited us for 1 week, and I had to make sure that he got all his favourite eatables. He is a great fan of my cooking and baking and he enjoyed these cute muffins thoroughly. Sruti also liked it very much and all the muffins were finished the next day itself. So I was very happy.





Recipe Source: allrecipes.com
Ingredients:
Banana-275gm(mashed)
All Purpose Flour-250gm
Butter-80gm
Sugar-130gm
Baking Powder-1 1/2tsp
Baking Soda-1tsp
Vanilla Essence-1tsp
Milk-1/4cup


Procedure:
1. Remove skin and mash banana with a fork. Beat butter and banana until creamy.
2. Add baking powder, baking soda, milk and sugar to banana. You will get a fluffy mixture.
3. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 175C. Line the muffin tray with paper liners or grease them with butter and dust with flour.
5. Add the flour to the mixture and gently mix.
6. Divide the batter among the 12 liners.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
8. Cool on wire rack and serve.



Labels: , , , , , , ,