Poondu Legiyum

Priya of Bon Appetit is a good friend of mine. When she asked me to do a guest post, I readily agreed. I couldn't select a recipe for the post. I wanted to make a traditional recipe for her. When I visited Coimbatore,  mom asked me to prepare this poondu legium for her. I took snaps of the legium to send it to Priya. This is part of postpartum diet. I got this recipe from a nurse. This is also a great medicine for those with gastric problems. One spoon a day is very effective. 



This tastes wonderful. Imagine Paalkhova with Poondu flavour. It is what the legiyum tastes like. The sweetener used for this legiyum is jaggery or palm sugar. If making this legiyum for postpartum diet, gingelly oil is used. Otherwise you can use ghee. 




Garlic is well known for its medicinal properties. This increases milk secretion for breast feeding moms. I have been thinking of posting this recipe for long and at last I got a chance to post it. Thanks Priya for the opportunity. For the recipe, please check Priya's post.




Priya has also sent me a token of appreciation and I am very honoured.

Labels: , , ,