Maize Rolls

Today the first week of Blogging Marathon#15 is coming to an end. For the final post, I wanted to be little experimental. So I tried out these mini rolls with maize flour. As maize flour doesn't have gluten I added one part of all purpose flour to one part of maize flour. The dough as pliable but not elastic. I left it for 2hours for the first rise and the final rise took only 15minutes. The rolls were baked in a muffin pan. The rolls doesn't change colour. But as this is the first time, I baked it thinking that the crust will change colour and by the time I realised about the colour, I had over baked it. The crust was little hard and dry, but it tasted great with butter and jam.






Ingredients:
Maize Flour-125gm
Flour-125gm
Salt-1/2tsp
Brown Sugar-1tsp
Instant Yeast-1/2tbs
Baking Soda-1/2tsp
Warm Water-upto 2/3cup


Procedure:
1. In a bowl mix flour, maize flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and yeast.
2. Add water little by little until the dough becomes soft.
3. Knead for 2-3minutes, cover with cling wrap and set it aside for 1-2hours.
4. When he dough doubles, punch it down and knead for a minute.
5. Preheat oven to 180C.
6. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
7. Roll each portion into a ball and place it in a muffin mould.
8. If the dough sticks, wash your hand and then work.
9. Keep the pan covered for 15minutes.
10. Bake 10-15minutes.
11. Cool on wire rack and serve.



The crumb was very nice but I over baked it and so the crust was hard.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#15

Labels: , , , ,