Eggless Carrot Raisin Cupcake

For Magic Mingle this month, Kalyani selected Carrots and Raisins as the main ingredients. When I saw both together, the picture of cupcakes came to my mind. Last week when I visited Chennai, I bought some cute cup cake liners and I am very happy to put it to use. I saw a recipe for carrot cupcakes with eggs and as usual, I converted it into an eggless recipe. To substitute 2 eggs, I used a mixture of milk and vinegar. When I stared beating the milk vinegar mixture along with butter and sugar, it looked like curdled mixture. But after continuous beating, the mixture became so fluffy and it doubled in volume. It reminded me of beating eggs. The cupcakes were so soft, moist and fluffy. This substitute has now got an unique place in my list of egg substitutes. The cupcakes were absolutely delicious and Sruti took it to her school today for her snacks. This is the first post after I shifted my house and working in my new kitchen is great. The only problem is that my studio is on first floor and I have to carry all my goodies to first floor to be photographed. But the snaps look good because of the light I get from two large windows and so I am happy.



Ingredients:
All Purpose Flour-1 1/4cups
Baking Soda-1tsp
Baking Powder-1/2tsp
Salt-1/4tsp
Milk-1/2cup
Whie Vinegar-2tsp
Butter-1/2cup
Grated Carrot-200gm
Granulated sugar-1/2cup
Golden Raisins-100gm
Vanilla Essence-1tsp


Procedure:
1. In a bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat it using a hand mixer until creamy.
2. Add milk and vinegar and beat for 2minutes. The mixture may seem curdled but after 2-3minutes of beating, it will become soft and fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Add this flour mixture to the butter mixture and fold with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
5. Add carrots and raisins and fold.
6. Preheat oven to 180C.
7. Line the muffin tray with cupcake liners. 
8. Fill the liners with the batter.
9. Bake for 30minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
10. Cool the cupcakes on wire rack.
11. Serve.





Labels: , , , , , ,