Hi Friends, Hope you have a lovely time going through my recipes. The recipes I post here are tested in my kitchen and only the successful recipes get featured in this blog. If you are trying any of my recipe, please stick to the measurements provided and follow the instructions to get the same result. Any deviation from the original recipe will result in a different output and I will not be responsible for the failure. And please don't use abusive words in comments. As I moderate them, they will never be published in this page. And all the photographs and contents are my property and if you want to use it in any of your websites, please make sure to give proper credit and take my permission before publishing. Thank you!!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Eggless Coconut Cake - Baking For Baking Eggless Group

Last month I started a group to try out our hand in eggless baking. The group known as Baking Eggless deals with recipes using eggs. We try to convert the recipe with eggs to an eggless one. This is all about experimenting. Any one who is adventurous can join the group. For the first month, I selected Coconut Cake from indobase. I tried curd as the egg substitute and the cake was so soft and moist. After experimenting three different recipes, I am giving the best recipe here. I will post the round up of all the cakes in three days.
Linking this to Anjali's Cakes, Cookies and Desserts.



Recipe Adapted From Indobase
Ingredients:
Flour-1 1/4cups
Butter-1/2cup
Fresh Grated Coconut-3/4cup
Curd-1/2cup
Milk-1/2cup
Baking Powder-1tsp
Baking Soda-1/2tsp
Vanilla Essence-1tsp
Granulated Sugar-3/4cup 
For The Frosting:
Butter- 1 1/2tbs
Icing Sugar-5-6tbs
Coconut Powder/Flakes-1/4cup


Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bow.
3. Cream together butter and sugar.
4. Add curd and cream it together.
5. Add vanilla essence and milk and mix well.
6. Add the flour mixture and fold in the batter gently.
7. Add the grated coconut and mix.
8. Pour into a greased and dusted square tin.
9. Bake for 15minutes. The cake browns fast.
10. Cover with a foil and bake for another 30minutes.
11. Remove from oven when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
12. Place the cake with the tin on counter for 10minutes. 
13. Invert cake on to a wire rack and cool.
14. Transfer the cake to a serving plate.
15. Beat butter and icing sugar for frosting.
16. Apply it on the top of the cake. Sprinkle coconut flakes or powder on top.
17. Slice it up and serve.



A closer look at the crumb. It was so soft and fluffy.

If you want to join the group, mail me to gayathriraani@gmail.com or leave a comment here.

26 comments:

  1. Wow I wish I could join you not only for baking but eat this cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum cake. looks so delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving that white coconut glaze and that puffed up top (seriously egg-less??)
    My first experience with eggless baking was very bad; the cake sank in the middle and it was horribly textured, and then I never got the courage to lift up. But after looking at your cakes, I'm again motivated; will post something really soon. :)

    Event : Cakes, Cookies and Desserts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very good Gayathri. I made a vegan version which I shall post in a few hours. Mine didn't brown at all - was white as coconut itself!! I wonder what made the difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so yum n feeling hungry......loved it....
    Maha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Can't wait to bake my version tmrw. I m using yogurt and coconut milk

    ReplyDelete
  7. the recipe looks so easy...I want to try it soon!...hey you can put me down for WTML hosting for whichever next month that is free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks spongy & moist!! Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow very inviting cake with coconut....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice texture, even I am trying out eggless versions..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Gayathiri, wud like to join your eggless baking group, what are the rules..

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cake looks so perfect. Bookmarked the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for linking this egg-less delight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sound interesting, Eggless cake? I'll try this one out. Also try some recipes about cake at everything-cake.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks absolutely yummy..I should try this soon...Bookmarking this one..

    Aarthi
    http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a big fan of coconut and love it in every form. Your coconut cake looks like a perfect combo to go with the evening tea! I love your blog and though you've gotten it before, I wanted to pass on the Versatile Blogger award. Pls pick it up from my blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow....moist n yummy cake.....superb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delicious and yummy looking cake...Nice frosting too..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some of you make such lovely cakes that the frosting is just not required!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow what a yummy cake... That too eggless... Always love eggless version... Bookmarked...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi,'Not sure where to send my entry, but here goes:
    http://kpks.blogspot.in/2012/03/double-chocolate-banana-muffin-almost.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting. Your comments are very valuable to me. So please feel free to comment on the post you read.

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...