Vegan Banana Oats Squares

Today is the third day of Blogging Marathon and I wanted to try my hand on a vegan recipe. I had book marked this from Treat And Trick Blog last month and today I got a chance to try it. THe squares were very soft, moist and crumbly with the flavour of bananas. This is also a guil free snack as this used wheat flour and oats along with olive oil. To make it attactive to my daughter, I poured a generous portion of chocolate topping and garnished it with white chocolate chips. She literally licked her plate and asked for a second helping. I am so happy to have made these delicious squares. Even I liked it very much, but avoided the chocolate. I am linking this to Kid's Delight- Eggless and Vegan Bakes guest hosted by Priya and started by Srivalli. And also Linking this to Anjali's Cakes, Cookies and Desserts.



Ingredients:
Wheat Flour-1cup
Quick Cooking Oats-1/2cup+1tbs
Mashed bananas-1cup
Light Brown Sugar-1/4cup
Olive Oil-1/4cup
Baking Powder-1tsp
Vanilla Essence-1tsp
Salt-a pinch
Chocolate Sauce For Topping (Optional)


Procedure:
1. Mix mashed bananas, brown sugar, oil and essence.
2. Mix atta, salt, oats and oats in a bowl.
3. Add the flour mixture to the liquid ingredients.
4. Mix gently with a fork.
5. Preheat oven to 175C.
6. Grease and dust a square cake tin.
7. Transfer the batter to the tin.
8. Bake for 25-30minutes.
9. Cool on wire rack. Slice into squares and serve.
10. You can drizzle the square with sauce and garnish with chocolate chips for the extra kick.



My daughter's portion.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#13

Labels: , , , , , , ,