Paneer Kebabs

Today was hectic. I had to prepare food for 5 guests. I have been working the whole morning in the kitchen. When the guests left, I had to clean the kitchen and coffee time arrived. When finished with coffee, I remembered today's Blogging Marathon post. I had all the ingredients for the recipe I had in mind. So I mixed up the marinade and it was already 6PM. DH suddenly asked out for a movie, and I was sitting in the cinema hall after 15minutes. When we returned home, it was 9PM and I started preparing for the dish and there was power shut down. It came back at 9:45. I prepared the kebab after that, took snaps and I am now sitting before computer at 10:15PM. I tasted the kebabs and they were awesome. Hubby is not a great fan of big chunks of paneer. So I am the one who relishes it in home. I could never say no to these kebabs. I prepared a set with skewer rod and prepared remaining pieces in tooth pick for individual serving. Both looked great. I was in no mood to bake it in oven. So I used my non stick tawa and grilled the kebabs on stove. Aren't they beautiful?


Ingredients:
Paneer-200gm
Green Capsicum-1-2
Curd-1/3cup
Salt-to taste
Garam Masala-1/8tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp
Garlic Powder-1tsp
Onion Flakes-1tsp
Dill-1tsp
Olive Oil-2-3tbs
Tooth Picks


Procedure:
1. Cut paneer into 1"cubes.
2. Cut capsicum into 1"squares.
3. In a bowl, mix curd, spices and salt.
4. Add the paneer and capsicum pieces and evenly coat them with the marinade.
5. Cover and set it aside for minimum 2 hours.
6. Grease a skewer rod and insert the capsicum and paneer pieces. 
7. Sandwich a paneer piece in between two capsicum squares.
8. You can also insert tooth picks with one paneer and two capsicum pieces.
9. Heat a tawa.
10. Place the skewer rod or tooth picks on tawa and drizzle oil on top.
11. Grill until nicely browned. Keep on rotating the stick for even browning.
12. Serve hot along with onion rings and lemon wedges.





Mix the marinade.


Cut paneer and capsicum.


Mix with the marinade and set it aside for 2 hours.


Insert the pieces on a skewer rod.


You can also insert the pieces in tooth picks.


Grill on tawa ans serve hot.


I am linking this to Srivalli's Kebab Mela.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#13

Labels: , , , ,