Paneer Manchurian

Today is the fifth day of Blogging Marathon. I usually prepare manchurian using cauliflower. I just substituted paneer for the cauliflower and the manchurian was great. When served hot, you can taste the crispy paneer among the soft onions. Usually I add capsicum but today as I didn't have it in my pantry, I skipped it. I served it along with some cucumber slices and it was awesome.


Ingredients:
Paneer-200gm
Onion-1big
Maida-4tbs
Corn Flour-2tbs+1tbs
Baking Powder-1/2tsp
Salt-to taste
Soy Sauce-1tbs+1/2tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp
Green Chilly Sauce-1tbs
Olive Oil-1tbs
Tomato Ketchup-2tbs
Tarragon-1tbs
Oil-to deep fry

Procedure:
1. Mix maida, 2tbs corn flour, salt, 1/2tsp soy sauce, red chilly powder, baking powder and little water to make a thick batter.
2. Add the paneer pieces and mix it to coat.
3. Deep fry the pieces in hot oil until golden and keep them aside.
4. Heat olive oil and saute thinly sliced onions until golden.
5. Add chilly sauce, soy sauce and tomato ketchup and mix well. 
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Mix 3tbs water to 1tbs corn flour and add it to the onions.
8. When it boils add the fried paneer pieces and give it a nice stir.
9. Crush tarragon and add it to the manchurian. Mix well and serve hot.

Labels: , , ,