Palak/ Spinach Soup

I prepared this soup for lunch today. Some how my hubby started disliking the creamy soups and when ever I prepare them, he doesn't enjoy. So today, I tried to make a lighter version of the soup and this turned out beautiful. He too was satisfied. Usually I grind the ingredients to make the soup creamy. But today, I pureed it and strained it through a strainer to obtain the juice. That resulted in a thin soup. I also prepared vegetable stock and used it as the base for the soup. So it was flavourful. The recipe for vegetable stock is here.



Ingredients:
Palak/ Spinach-1bunch
Vegetable stock-1cup
Butter-1tbs
Maida-1tbs
Salt-to taste
Pepper-to taste
Fennel Powder-1/4tsp


Procedure:
1. Add 1/2cup of water to palak and bring it to boil. After 1minute, switch off stove and grind it to a smooth paste.
2. Strain it through a metal strainer and discard pulp.
3. In a pan, ad butter and maida and stir it until foamy.
4. Add the spinach juice little by little, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
5. Add the vegetable stock, salt, fennel powder and pepper.
6. Bring it to boil. Stir it to avoid burning at the bottom.
7. Let it boil for 2 minutes on low flame.
8. Serve it hot along with croutons.


Sending this to Priya's Healthy Diet-Warm Soups

Labels: , ,