Choco Burfi

This burfi is a result of an experiment. I saw a recipe for home made chocolates in a magazine recently. But when I was preparing, there was something wrong with the recipe. I have gone through the recipe many times before attempting. But there was a shortage of liquid in the recipe and the ingredients didn't come together. So I added a cup of milk and the result was a very chocolaty, soft burfi. I just kept the mixture in the fridge and kept my fingers crossed until it set. To my surprise, it set beautifully and it was delicious too. I shared it with my neighbour. My daughter liked it so much and she even took it to school.


Ingredients:
Milk Powder-200gm
Cocoa Powder-200gm
Sugar-175gm
Milk-1cup

Butter-175gm


Procedure:
1. Sift cocoa and milk powder to get rid of any lumps. This step is a must to get a smooth texture.
2. Add 1/2cup of water to sugar and bring it to one string consistency on low flame.
3. Melt butter. Add the cocoa powder and milk powder to the syrup and mix well. At this stage the powders will not get mixed thoroughly.
4. Add butter and milk to the mixture and mix well. Do every thing on low flame to avoid burning.
5. Line a square tin with aluminium foil.
6. Once every thing comes together, pour it into the prepared tin.
7. Press it with a spoon to get an uniform top. the burfi will be shining when pressed.
8. Place it in refrigerator and let it become firm. It may take an hour to set.
9. Remove the block of burfi along with the foil from the tin.
10. Cut into bite size pieces.
11. Store the burfi a jar and keep it in fridge.


Sift cocoa

Sift Milk Powder

Bring sugar syrup to one string consistency

Mix the other ingredients

Pour into the tin and press

Cut into bite sized pieces

Serve and Enjoy
Sending this to Sravani's Chocolate Fest, Srivalli's Chocolate Mela , Ramya's ABC Desserts and Resh's Chocolate Lover

Labels: , , , , ,