PJ of Seduce Your Tastebuds, who is a great friend is expecting her second baby and friends from the group of Blogging Marathon were all very excited when we heard the news. We just needed to celebrate this. So we decided on a Virtual Baby Shower for PJ. In south India we actually celebrate it as Valaikappu in which the expecting mom is made to wear lots and lots of colourful bangles. It is beleived that the music the bangles make, makes the child happy.
For the virtual baby shower we thought of preparing a dish from PJ's blog and posting it on the same day on all our blogs. I prepared South Western Tofu Scramble form her blog. It was so delicious. Thanks PJ for the recipe. We all wish you a safe delivery...
Recipe Source: PJ of Seduce Your Tastebuds
1. Grate tofu and mix salt, turmeric powder, cumin powder and chilly sauce.
2. Keep it aside for 10-15minutes.
3. Heat oil and splutter cumin seeds.
4. Add onions and saute till golden.
5. Add the tomato and saute till it is completely cooked.
6. Add the capsicum and saute for a minute. The capsicum should have its crunchiness.
7. Add the tofu mixture and saute for 5 minutes on low flame.
8. Serve hot.
These are the bangles used on my Valaikappu. It is usually conducted on 7th or 9th month. The mom to be will wear it until delivery. It is kind of cute to look at thoses bangles. They also prepare 7or9 types of variety rice for the function.
Though we bloggers have not met in person, we really share a nice relationship and we are so happy to celebrate this event in the virtual world. We all wish you a safe delivery, PJ!
These are the dishes we bloggers prepared for the baby shower. Arthi made a beautiful collage out of our snaps.
Check out what the other bloggers have made from her blog
- About The Author
- Baking Eggless Group
- WTML Host List
- Egg Less Bakes
- Sweets and Snacks
- Rice Varieties, Indian Breads and International Recipes
- Gravy, Side Dishes and Appetizers
- Regional Specials and Basics
- Challenges I Took Part And My Videos
- Kitchen Basics
- Sai Cakes n Bakes
- Celebrating Festivals