Kaarthigai Pori and Awards

Yesterday I got a mail from the editor of Blog@Home that they are giving Creative Chef Award to my blog. Another great news is that my Palak Dhokla has been selected as the editor's choice for 6th December at Blogjunta. Both mails came to me when I was preparing for Kaarthigai Deepam. I couldn't even share the news with you yesterday. So the first thing I did in the morning was to draft this post. But unfortunately, we had shut down from 10am to 6pm. But to celebrate, I prepared Kaarthigai Pori (a type of puffed rice avilable only during kaarthigai deepam)  in the morning and I am posting it now.  Hope you enjoy it and share my happiness with me.






Ingredients:
Kaarthigai Pori/ Puffed Rice-100gm
Brown Sugar/ Vellam-200gm
Cardamom Powder-1/4tsp
Roasted Unsalted Peanuts-1cup
White Sesame Seeds-1/4cup


Procedure:
1. Grate brown sugar and add 1/4cup water and bring it to boil.
2. When it is completely dissolved, strain it to get rid of impurities.
3. Bring it to boil once again.
4. Meanwhile, add roasted peanuts and roasted sesame seeds to puffed rice.
5. Add cardamom powder to boiling brown sugar.
6. When the syrup starts bubbling and caramelizes, add it to the puffed rice mixture and mix well  to coat all the puffed rice with the syrup.
7. Allow it to cool. It may be sticky while hot but when cool, they will come out non sticky and crisp.
8. Store in airtight box.






These are the awards which made my day..



Yesterday for Kaarthigai Deepam, I prepared sambar, rasam, 16 varieties of side dishes, banana blossom vadai, pori urundai and paayasam for prashad. Have a look..


Labels: , ,