Red Chilly Powder-3/4tsp
Dark Soy Sauce-1/2tsp
1. Cut tofu into small cubes.
2. Heat 1 tbs oil in a non-stick pan and saute tofu until golden. Keep it aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add onions and saute till translucent.
4. Add the green peas and salt.
5. Saute on low flame till the green peas are done.
6. Add the red chilly powder and soy sauce.
7. Add the tofu pieces and mix it well.
8. Mix corn flour with water and add it to the tofu mixture.
9. When it starts boiling, switch flame to low and cook until thick.
10. Switch off flame and transfer the filling to a bowl and allow it to cool.
1. Scald milk.
2. Mix sugar and when the temperature drops down to warm, add salt, oil and yeast.
3. Cover and proof for 10minutes.
4. In a bowl, add flour, yogurt and the frothy yeast mixture and knead it for 10minutes until soft and elastic.
5. Oil a bowl and place the dough into it. Rotate the bowl so as to coat the dogh with oil and cover with a cling wrap.
6. Proof for 1hour.
7. Knock down the dough and divide it into 12 equal parts.
8. While working on a ball keep the others covered.
9. Roll it out into a small disc with a thick centre. This is to avoid breaking of the buns while baking or steaming.
10. Place the filling in the middle and pleat and close the buns as shown in the photo tutorial.
11. Repeat with the remaining balls.
|Mix all the ingredients|
|Mix into a rough dough|
|Knead for 10 minutes to make it soft and elastic|
|Keep it aside for 1hours|
|Divide into 12 equal parts|
|Roll each portion into a disc with a thick centre|
|Keep filling in the middle|
|Start pleating the sides|
|Bring all the pleats together|
|Pinch the centre to secure the pleats|
|Prepare with all the remaining balls|
1. Line the steaming basket with foil.
2. Place six buns in a steaming basket and cover. Allow it to rise for 20minutes.
3. Heat water in the base cooker and place the basket on top.
4. Steam cook for 12minutes.
5. Remove the basket from the base and allow it to cool a bit.
6. Carefully remove the buns on to a serving plate and serve hot.
|Arrange the buns on a steaming basket lined with foil.|
|Steam cook after 20 minutes. The buns are double the size|
1. Place the six buns seam side down on a greased baking tray.
2. Cover and keep it aside for 20minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 200C.
4. Apply a coat of milk on the buns and bake for 12-15minutes or until golden on top.
5. Serve hot with hoisin sauce or ketchup.
|Place the buns seam side down on a baking tray|
|Bake till golden|
|Serve Hot and Enjoy|