Musk Melon Crackers

Today is the third day of BM#10. I prepared musk melon juice yesterday. After filtering, I was left with the pulp. I didn't want to waste it. So I kept it in the fridge until the idea for crackers struck me. Today I prepared these crunchy yeasted crackers for  evening coffee. This is a great guilt free snack and I enjoyed it a lot.




Ingredients:
Musk Melon Pulp-1cup
Multi Grain Flour-2cups
Wheat Flour-1/3cup
Baking Powder-1/2tsp
Instant Yeast-2tsp
Salt-1tsp
Sugar-1tsp
Italian Seasoning-2tbs
Warm Water-1/4cup
Olive Oil-1/3cup

Procedure:
  1. Mix all the ingredients except oil and prepare a soft dough.
  2. Add the oil and knead to incorporate the oil into the dough.
  3. Keep it covered in a warm place for 2 hours.
  4. Preheat oven to 150C.
  5. Press dough to deflate it.
  6. Pinch balls out of it.
  7. Dust it with flour and roll it into a slightly thick circle .
  8. Cut into squares using a pastry cutter.
  9. Arrange on a greased baking tray and bake for 15-20minutes until the crackers are firm to touch.
  10. Cool on wire rack and store in air tight jar.

Labels: , , ,