Mullu Murungai Poori

I had a cup of mullu murungai leaves and didin't know what to do with it to please my daughter. This is a medicinal plant and I wanted to include it in Sruti's diet. She loves pooris and so I prepared these colourful pooris and she was so happy to eat it. She also helped me in cutting out the shapes after I rolled out the pooris. Today is the fourth day Blogging Marathon#10 and I am posting under the theme Deceptively Delicious. I am sending this as an entry to Srivalli's Kid's Delight under the same theme guest hosted by Pavani.



Ingredients:
Mullu Murungai leaves-1cup (click on the link to know about cleaning the leaves)
Wheat Flour-1cup
Maida-1cup
Salt-to taste
Oil-To deep fry


Procedure:
1. Wash the mullu murungai leaves and grind to make a smooth paste.
2. Add salt to the flours and mix well.
3. Add the paste to the flour and mix well.
4. Add required amount of water to make a stiff dough. 
5. Knead for 5 minutes to make it pliable. This is an important step in poori making. This will ensure the pooris don't absorb oil and puff up nicely.
5. Divide the dough into small portions. Roll each portion into a disc and cut out shapes using cookie cutter.
6. Deep fry in hot oil and serve along with kurma or masala of your choice.

Labels: , , ,