Jam Tarts

For this month's Sweet Punch, the team selected Ria's Jam Tarts. This is the first time I am preparing tarts, though I bought the moulds before one year. The first mistake I did was, I didn't line the tart mould properly and there was too much jam in it. So when baked, the jam came above the dough lining and when cool, it stuck to the mould. I could remove one tart because it had little jam. It was so delicious. But the other tarts were wasted. I prepared a new batch. But this time, with the lesson learnt, I did it correct. As I ran out of jam, I used the orange marmalade. It was so nice. The base was very crunchy and buttery. We loved it.






Ingredients:
Flour-115gm
Chilled Butter-60gm
Baking Soda-1/2tsp
Jam or Marmalade


Procedure:
1. Mix flour and baking soda. Add the col butter and mix it with your finger tips until the flour resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Divide the flour into 12 equal parts.
3. Take each portion in a tart mould and press it against the mould to get a smooth base. Cover the entire mould.
4. Fill each mould with jam to 2/3rd.
5. Bake in a 180C preheated oven for15minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow it to cool. Trying to remove from mould while hot can be dangerous. The hot jam may spill into your hand. So be patient.
7. Unmould the tart when completely cool and enjoy...


Butter flour mixture resembling bread crumbs

Divide it among 12 tart moulds

Line the tart mould with the flour

Fill 2/3rd with jam

Bake for 15minutes
Cool, unmould and serve

A closer look of the tart

Labels: , , , , ,