For the second day of Blogging Marathon #7, I selected the delicious Sindhi Kadhi. I called my sister-in-law for the recipe. She also gave me some tips to get the perfect Kadhi. I stuck to her recipe and it came out perfect. We had it for lunch today. It was so tasty and went well with rice.
Potato-2 medium sized
Okra / Lady's Finger-7-8
Red Chilly Powder-2tsp
Ginger-a small piece
1. Deskin potatoes and cut into cubes. Cut carrot into cubes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and splutter cumin, methi and hing.
3. Add curry leaves and let it splutter. Add besan and mix it well. Saute on low flame for about 5-7minutes. The colour will become deep brown.
4. Boil 3 cups of water and add green chillies, potatoes, carrots, peas and ginger. While you saute besan, cook the vegetables on another stove.
5. When besan has changed colour, add the boiling vegetables along with the water.
6. Add turmeric, salt and red chilly powder. Add the tamarind pulp.
7. Wash okra and slit it into two. Cut each half into 2inch long pieces.
8. Heat 1 tbs oil and add the cut okra. Saute till the mushiness is gone.
9. Add it to kadhi and cook on low flame until all the vegetables are cooked and the gravy becomes thick.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice and papad.
Check out the other bloggers doing the BM along with me here.