Pineapple Pie

Today is the sixth day of Blogging Marathon. I tried putting together what I know about Pies. This is a easy breezy pie. I used digestive biscuits and oats for the crust. Using biscuits is a short cut in preparing a pie. I have seen this in many shows. So I wanted to try it. The crust was so crispy and the filling very soft. They blended well. I am very sorry for the photograph. I don't know what is wrong with my camera. Whenever I start doing BM, it lets me down. I somehow corrected using Picasa. I am praying to God to let me finish BM tomorrow.






Ingredients:
For The Crust:
Digestive Biscuits-200gm
Oats-3/4cup
Sugar-1/8cup
Refined Oil-1/4cup
For The Filling:
Pineapple-1cup
Milk-1/4cup
Vanilla Custard Powder-1tbs

Eggless Pastry Cream-3/4cup
Dark Chocolate For Garnish
Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. In a mixer grinder, powder the biscuits. Add the other ingredients for the crust and grind until crumbly.
3. Grease a pie plate and transfer contents of the jar onto the plate.
4. Press it down to get an even layer along the sides and the base.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Grind the pineapple pieces, milk and custard powder together.
7. Apply a layer of the pastry cream on the prepared crust. 
8. Pour the ground pineapple mixture on the pastry cream layer. Tap the pie plate to make an even layer.
9. Increase oven temperature to 200C.
10. Bake for 25minutes.
11. Allow the pie to cool.
12. Sprinkle the top with grated dark chocolate.
13. Cut and serve.




You can see what my friends are cooking up if you click here.

Labels: , , ,