Mint And Garlic Pull Apart Bread

Today is the last day of the Blogging Marathon and I baked pull apart bread. I have seen many variations of this recipe in the blogosphere. I have been waiting to try it out for long. Today happened to be the day. I wanted to do a step by step photo tutorial. But as I mentioned yesterday, my camera completely stopped working today. This is the picture taken with my cell phone. That is why the quality is not so good compared to my other pictures. When I get my camera, I will update this post with nice pictures. The bread was so nice with mint and garlic flavors. I also used wheat flour and olive oil and made it completely healthy.



Ingredients:
Wheat Flour-1 1/2cups
Instant Yeast-1tsp
Salt-11/4tsp
Sugar-1tsp
Warm Water-1cup-2tbs
Garlic-5pods
Olive Oil-6tsp
Mint Leaves-1/4cup
Green Chilly-3


Procedure:
1. Mix wheat flour, yeast, salt, sugar and 2tsp olive oil.
2. Add warm water and prepare a soft dough.
3. Sprinkle flour on counter and knead the dough for 10minutes.
4. Oil a bowl and place the dough and rotate to coat the dough.
5. Cover with wrap and allow it to rise for 1 hour.
6. Meanwhile, grind mint leaves, garlic, green chillies along with olive oil to a coarse mixture.
7. Grease the loaf pan. (My pan measured 8"*4"*2")
8. Punch air out of the dough and roll it into a rectangle of 1/8" thickness.
9. Apply the paste on the rolled out dough.
10. Cut it into smaller rectangles. The measurement should be slightly smaller than the pan. I cut it into 3 1/2" * 1 1/2".
11. Keep each rectangle over the other. When you are done with 5 pieces, place it in the pan. Repeat process until you finish with all the rectangles.
12. Allow it to rise for 30 minutes.
13. Bake in an 175C oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
14. Cool on wire rack. 
15. Serve.


Check my other friend's posts here.

Labels: , , , , ,