Koki

Today another edition of Blogging Marathon is getting started. I am doing Regional Special theme. The rule is to select a region which the participant has never tried yet. So I have selected Sindhi dishes for the theme. There are 15 bloggers running the marathon along with me. By now the readers will be familiar with BM. But for newbies I will give a small introduction. This event, brainchild of Srivalli  helps the food blogger to blog all the seven days in a week without fail. Srivalli has also given certain themes to make the event challenging. The blogger participating should stick to the theme selected and post recipes daily. This is a great hit among bloggers and now it is going into the seventh edition. If you want participate, just contact Srivalli.
My sister-in-law is a Sindhi. She prepares a lot of yummy dishes at home. So I have taken a liking to those dishes. When I saw regional specials, I wanted to try my hand at Sindhi Cuisine. For the first day, I have selected Koki -Masala roti. It was very easy to prepare and was so nice. Actually, it doesn't need any accompaniment, but you can always go for curd and Sindhi papad.




Recipe Source: Simply Sindhi Recipes
Ingredients:
Atta / Wheat Flour-2cups
Onion-1(finely chopped)
Green Chilly-2
Coriander Leaves-2tbs
Ghee/Oil-3tbs
Salt-to taste
Cumin Seeds-1/2tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp


Procedure:
1. Mix all the ingredients. Add enough water to prepare a soft dough.
2. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
3. Roll each portion into a flat circle.
4. Heat a tawa and apply a layer of oil.
5. Place the rolled circle on it.
6. Apply a coating of oil on top.
7. Flip it. Cook until both sides are nice golden brown.
8. Serve hot with curd or pickle.


Check out my blogging buddies for more interesting recipes..
Group 1 - 16- 22 July
Combo Meals: KalyaniVardhini
Cooking from Back Pack: KamalikaSrivalli
Cooking From Cookbook: GrishmaHariniJayVeena Aravind
Crunchy snacks for Kids: AnamikaPradnya
Regional Special: Aarthi
Seven days of Microwave Cooking:MonikaSuma Gandlur

Labels: , ,