Eggless Butterless Lemon Cupcakes

Today is the third day of Blogging Marathon#7-Group 2 and I decided to bake cupcakes. Though I have done many eggless versions I have not tried butterless version often. Today I needed to do a butterless version and tried this lemony cup cakes. This is an experiment and I have to say that I succeeded. My daughter liked it a lot. Next time I will add a teaspoon of lemon zest instead of 1/2tsp to get an intense flavor.
These were so soft and fluffy and delicious too... 



Ingredients:
Olive oil / Sunflower Oil-1/2cup
Granulated Sugar-1/2cup
Flour- 1 1/8cup
Baking Soda-1/2tsp
Baking Powder-3/4tsp
Milk-1cup
Vanilla Extract-1/2tsp
Lemon Juice-1/2tsp
Zest of 1 lemon
Cut Fruits-1/4cup


Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Combine milk, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and oil in a bowl.
3. Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar in a separate bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add the cut fruits and give a stir.
5. Fill paper liners to 3/4th with the batter.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
7. Cool on wire rack and serve with coffee. 



Sending this to Only Baked hosted at Tamalapaku and started by Pari.




Look how fluffy they are. Aren't they so tempting??? You can take a peep at my other friend's recipes here.

Labels: , , , ,