Avial

This is the first time I have prepared Avial. I have tasted avial when my mom prepared it. But never got to try it myself. After seeing many bloggers posting avial, I was tempted to try it. This is my version of avial. It was delicious and we liked it very much.



Ingredients:
Carrot-1
Potato-2
Drumstick-1
Raw Plantain-2
Coconut-3/4cup
Curd-1/2cup
Mustard and urad dhal-1tsp
Asafoetida-1/4tsp
Oil-1tbs (preferably coconut oil)
Coriander Leaves-2tbs
Cumin-1tsp
Green Chilly-3
Red Chilly-2
Curry Leaves-2sprigs


Procedure:
1. Grind coconut, cumin and green chillies to a coarse paste.
2. Add the coconut paste, diced vegetables, green chillies and 3cups of water.
3. Bring to boil. Allow it to cook until the vegetables are done.
4. Add salt and stir well.
5. Cook till the water has totally evaporated.
6. Remove from flame.
7. Heat oil and splutter mustard, urad dhal, red chillies, asafoetida and curry leaves.
8. Add the tempering to the avial.
9. Mix well. Let the mixture cool down a bit.
10. While serving add the curd, mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.

Labels: , ,