This bread combines APF and wheat flour. Though it is little denser than the white bread, this is very tasty and nutritious. You can also use only wheat flour to make it more healthy. We enjoyed this bread with butter and jam. I saw the recipe in Baker's Fiesta- Book by Sangeetha Khanna
All Purpose Flour / Maida-1cup
Instant Yeast / Active dry Yeast -1tsp
Warm Water-required to prepare smooth dough
1. If using dry yeast, add sugar, salt, yeast and 1/8cup warm water and let it proof for 10minutes.
2. Mix flours and yeast mixture. If using instant yeast, add yeast, salt and sugar to flours. Mix well.
3. Add butter at room temperature. Mix well.
4. Slowly add warm water and knead into a soft dough.
5. Dust the counter with flour and place the dough on it.
6. Knead it 10minutes till the dough becomes smooth.
7. Slightly oil a bowl, place the dough into it and rotate the bowl so that oil is coated all over the dough.
8. Cover with wrap and set it aside till the dough doubles. It will take 1 hour - two hours depending on the climate.
9. Knead the dough again for 5 minutes.
10. Grease a loaf pan with butter.
11. Roll the dough into a log and place it inside the pan.
12. Cover with wrap and set it aside for 30minutes.
13. Brush the top of the dough with milk.
14. Preheat oven to 150C.
15. Bake the loaf for 25-30minutes.
16. Once the crust is golden brown in colour, remove the tin from oven.
17. Let it sit on counter for 5 minutes.
18. Invert the loaf onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
19. Slice it up, toast it and slather it with butter and jam and enjoy..
Sending this to Yeast Spotting
- About The Author
- Baking Eggless Group
- WTML Host List
- Egg Less Bakes
- Sweets and Snacks
- Rice Varieties, Indian Breads and International Recipes
- Gravy, Side Dishes and Appetizers
- Regional Specials and Basics
- Challenges I Took Part And My Videos
- Kitchen Basics
- Sai Cakes n Bakes
- Celebrating Festivals