Potato Salad

This month's challenge at The Daring Cook's is Potato Salad from around the world. Jami Sorrento a non blogging member of Daring Kitchen challenged us this month. She gave recipes of four salads and asked us to prepare a version of our own. I have never prepared potato salad before. So I browsed through the net for recipes. There are so many recipes, I was so confused. Then I came up with a recipe of my own. I prepared the salad with the ingredients available in my kitchen. My hubby usually doesn't eat potatoes. I thought, I have to finish the plate. But to my utter surprise, when I was having this for breakfast, even he tasted it and finished half the plate. I was so happy. It was so filling. 


  


Ingredients:

Potato-3 medium sized
Curd-125ml
Red Chilly Flakes-1tsp
Oregano-1tbs
Olive oil-2tbs
Sugar-1tsp
Salt-to taste
Dill-1/2tsp
Carrot-1

Procedure:
  1. Pressure cook potatoes for 5 whistles.
  2. Peel skin and cut to bite sized pieces.
  3. Mix olive oil, salt(for the potatoes), red chilly flakes and crushed oregano.
  4. Mix the dressing with potatoes.
  5. Mix curd, salt and sugar.
  6. On a serving plate arrange the potatoes.
  7. Pour the curd mixture on the potatoes.
  8. Garnish with grated carrot and dill.
  9. Arrange the slice carrot on the sides and serve immediately.

P.S:  Arrange on the serving plate at the time of serving. Otherwise the curd will let out water and the salad will become soggy.

Mix the olive oil dressing to potato pieces 

Arrange on a serving plate

Top with curd mixture and garnish with carrot and dill

Relish

Labels: , ,