I came across sorbet only after I entered the blogosphere. Sorbet somewhat resembles icecream, but it doesn't have milk in it. Sugar syrup is prepared and added to any fruit pulp and it is frozen. Yesterday I tried sorbet with mango and brown sugar syrup. It was so tasty and perfect for this hot climate. My daughter liked it a lot.
Brown Sugar Syrup-1/2cup
For the syrup:
1. Mix all the ingredients given for the syrup and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce flame and let it boil for 10minutes.
3. Remove from fire and allow it to cool.
4. Strain it through a wire sieve and keep it aside.
5. Peel skin of mangoes and remove seed.
6. Cut the flesh into small pieces and grind it in a blender to a smooth pulp.
7. Add 1/2cup of syrup to 2cups of pulp.
8. Blend it thoroughly.
9. Keep the mixture in a plastic box and place it in the freezer. The freezer setting shoul be at maximum.
10. After 2 hours, remove from freezer and with a hand mixture beat it until smooth.
11. Place it again inside the jar and freeze it.
12. Repeat the process after 1 hour.
13. Let it freeze for 4-5hours.
14. Scoop out the sorbet and place it in a serving bowl.
Sending this to Serve It Chilled at Oh Taste N See and Mango Recipes at My Culinary Creations
- About The Author
- Baking Eggless Group
- WTML Host List
- Egg Less Bakes
- Sweets and Snacks
- Rice Varieties, Indian Breads and International Recipes
- Gravy, Side Dishes and Appetizers
- Regional Specials and Basics
- Challenges I Took Part And My Videos
- Kitchen Basics
- Sai Cakes n Bakes
- Celebrating Festivals