Hi Friends, Hope you have a lovely time going through my recipes. The recipes I post here are tested in my kitchen and only the successful recipes get featured in this blog. If you are trying any of my recipe, please stick to the measurements provided and follow the instructions to get the same result. Any deviation from the original recipe will result in a different output and I will not be responsible for the failure. And please don't use abusive words in comments. As I moderate them, they will never be published in this page. And all the photographs and contents are my property and if you want to use it in any of your websites, please make sure to give proper credit and take my permission before publishing. Thank you!!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Mango Sorbet

I came across sorbet only after I entered the blogosphere. Sorbet somewhat resembles icecream, but it doesn't have milk in it. Sugar syrup is prepared and added to any fruit pulp and it is frozen. Yesterday I tried sorbet with mango and brown sugar syrup. It was so tasty and perfect for this hot climate. My daughter liked it a lot.


Ingredients:
Mango Pulp-2cups
Brown Sugar Syrup-1/2cup
For the syrup:
Honey-1/4cup
Brown Sugar-1/4cup
Water-1/4cup
Cinnamon-a pinch
Clove-1


Procedure:
1. Mix all the ingredients given for the syrup and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce flame and let it boil for 10minutes.
3. Remove from fire and allow it to cool.
4. Strain it through a wire sieve and keep it aside.
5. Peel skin of mangoes and remove seed.
6. Cut the flesh into small pieces and grind it in a blender to a smooth pulp.
7. Add 1/2cup of syrup to 2cups of pulp.
8. Blend it thoroughly.
9. Keep the mixture in a plastic box and place it in the freezer. The freezer setting shoul be at maximum.
10. After 2 hours, remove from freezer and with a hand mixture beat it until smooth.
11. Place it again inside the jar and freeze it.
12. Repeat the process after 1 hour.
13. Let it freeze for 4-5hours.
14. Scoop out the sorbet and place it in a serving bowl.
15. Enjoy..


Sending this to Serve It Chilled at Oh Taste N See and Mango Recipes at My Culinary Creations

9 comments:

  1. Thqnks you have saved me money and space I was all for buying an icecream machine to make sorbet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, sorbet looks super delicious, feel like finishing that bowl..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorbet have become my favourite this season:) I love the mango flavour .. looks absolutely delicious..:)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mango sorbet looks very tempting....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks tummt and delicious...,

    ReplyDelete
  6. delicious! Mango Sorbet.http://www.apexmatch.com/fruitpulp.html

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting. Your comments are very valuable to me. So please feel free to comment on the post you read.

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...