Sweet Diamond Biscuits

When I was a kid, my mom used to prepare these diamond biscuits often because this was my favourite snack. Whenever I feel like munching something crunchy, my mom prepares it and serves it immediately. She uses either maida or wheat flour. Both tastes great. There is also a savory version, in which she adds green chilly paste. But this is my fav biscuit. My daughter liked it a lot. I am sending this to my event Walk Through The Memory Lane.



Ingredients:
Flour/Atta-1cup
Granulated Sugar-1/4cup
Cardamom Powder-1/4tsp
Oil-For Deep Frying


Procedure:
1. Powder sugar in a mixer grinder.
2. Mix flour, sugar, cardamom powder well. 
3. Add water and prepare a stiff dough.
4. Knead it for 10 minutes until smooth, soft and elastic.
5. Divide it into 4 equal parts.
6. Roll each portion into a ball. Apply oil on the counter and roll it into a thin flat circle.
7. With a knife cut it crisscross to get small diamonds.
8. Collect all the diamonds in a plate.
9. Heat oil and deep fry the diamonds until golden brown.
10. When cool store in air tight container.



Labels: , , ,