Suraikkai(Bottle Gourd) Pakora

When planning for an appetizer for the lunch, I had bottle gourd and so I tried these pakoras. I was not very sure of the outcome. But the pakoras didn't let me down. It was tasty and crisp. My hubby liked it and so I am happy, my experiment succeeded.



Ingredients:
Besan/Chickpea Flour/Kadalai mavu-1/2cup
Rice Flour-2tbs
Oats-2tbs
Hot Oil-2tbs
Bottle Gourd/Suraikkai-1cup(sliced into thin pieces)
Red Chilly Powder-1tsp
Baking Powder-1/2tsp
Salt-to taaste
Oil-For frying


Procedure:
1. Mix besan, rice flour, salt, chilly powder and baking powder.
2. Add hot oil and mix it well.
3. Add the bottle gourd. Sprinkle water and prepare a firm dough.
4. The bottle gourd pieces may stand alone, but while frying they will fry nicely.
5. Make small balls out of the dough, pressing the bottle gourd together.
6. Fry in oil till golden brown and serve hot.

Labels: , ,