Pori(Puffed Rice) and Oats Payasam

Today I prepared this nutritious payasam. The important factor in this recipe is, I didn't use ghee or cashew for this delicious payasam. It tastes great and you will not miss cashew or ghee. Sending this as an entry to Kurinji's HRH-Puffed Rice, Oats Recipes by Sameena and Kid's Delight hosted by Priya Mahadevan and started by Srivalli.
For the past two weeks I have been very irregular at blogging and visiting other blogger friends. I am extremely sorry for that. Sruti is having her holidays and so I have to go places and I don't find time to blog. Her classes are starting next week and I think I can be regular after that.



Ingredients:
Oats-1/4cup
Pori/Puffed Rice-1/3cup
Milk-1 cup
Water-1/4cup
Condensed milk-3tbs
Pumpkin Seeds-2tbs


Procedure:
1. Roast oats and pori till they are crisp.
2. Add water to milk in a pan and bring it to boil.
3. Add oats and pori and cook on low flame till oats becomes soft.
4. Add condensed milk and stir well. Allow it to boil for 1 minute and switch off flame.
5. Dry roast pumpkin seeds until golden brown.
6. Pour the payasam in serving bowls, sprinkle pumpkin seeds and some pori on top.
7. Chill in refrigerator and serve.

Labels: , , ,