Mini Mint Rolls With Mint Spread

I had two boxes of starter sitting in my fridge. Wanted to use up one box of that. When I was searching the web, I saw so many biscuit recipes using sourdough starter. I thought of adapting one such recipe to a savory biscuit. When I popped the prepared biscuits into the oven, they puffed up so well and while I took them out, they were very soft. So biscuits became rolls. We enjoyed it with mint spread. Great to have as an evening snack. I am sending this to PJ's Herbs and Flowers in My Platter- Mint event.
Today we are starting another week of Blogging Marathon. This is the brain child of Srivalli. I have decided to try out recipes for ongoing events for the 7 days. 12 bloggers are participating for this third marathon. Please take a look at what they are cooking up.
Divya ,Gayathri Anand ,Padma  ,Savitha ,Smitha ,Usha  ,Veena Aravind , PJ,Champa ,Monika ,Srivalli  


Ingredients:
For the rolls:
Wheat Flour-1cup
Sourdough Starter-1cup
Mint Leaves-1cup(firmly packed)
Olive oil-1tbs
Honey-1/2tbs
Baking Powder-1/2tbs
Salt-1tsp
Green Chilly-2
Garlic-3cloves
For the Spread:
Mint Leaves-1/2cup
Coriander leaves-1/2cup
Tamarind-a small piece(size of a small pebble)
Green Chilly-3
Garlic-4cloves
Salt-to taste
Oil-1/2tsp


Procedure:
1. Heat oil and add all the ingredients listed out for spread. Saute till water evaporates.
2. Grind it to a paste with little water and keep aside.
3. For the rolls: Mix wheat flour, salt, baking powder.
4. Grind mint leaves along with chillies and garlic without adding water.
5. Mix starter, honey, olive oil and the mint mixture.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. You will get a sticky dough.
7. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
8. Apply oil on your palms. Pimch small portions from dough and roll into a ball. Slightly flatten it.
9. Arrange on the tray. I got 22 mini rolls.
10. Preheat oven to 200C.
11. Bake for 15 minutes or till the side starts changing colour.
12. Remove from oven.
13. Slice each roll into two and apply generous portion of spread on the bottom layer.
14. Keep the top portion and serve hot as an evening snack along with coffee.



Labels: , , , , ,