Khara Biscuits

I love to bake. If I am asked to try from other blogs, I go for baked dishes. I am that much crazy about baking. I think you all know about it. For this month's Tried and Tasted event, US Masala of Aipi is being  featured. I like all the dishes cooked up by Aipi. For the event, I started searching some baked dishes from her blog, and I got hold of this easy and tasty recipe. It took 30 minutes for me from start to end and at  the end of 30 minutes, I was tasting these wonderful biscuits. I substituted green chillies from the original recipe with red chilly flakes and coriander and mint leaves with oregano. It was crispy and melted in the mouth. Thank You Aipi for this wonderful recipe.


Recipe Source: Aipi
Ingredients:
Wheat Flour-1/2cup
Flour-1/2cup
Butter-1/2cup
Milk-2tbs
Sugar-1tsp
Salt-3/4tsp
Oregano-1tsp
Kasuri Methi-1tsp
Red Chilly Flakes-1/2tsp
Baking Powder-1/2tsp
Cumin Seeds-1/4tsp
Ajwain-1/4tsp
Sesame Seeds(White)-1tsp(I used Black)

Procedure:
1. Cream sugar and butter together until fluffy.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together.
3. Now add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.
4. Add milk 1/2tbs at a time until you get a soft dough.
5. Roll out into a circle of 1/4"thickness.
6. Cut into desired shapes using a cookie cutter.
7. Line a baking tray with foil.
8. Arrange the cookies on the tray.
9. Preheat oven to 200C.
10. Bake for 15 - 20minutes.
11. When the side starts changing colour, remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
12. Store in air tight jar.
13. Serve with tea or coffee.



Photo Tutorial:


Cream sugar and butter

Mix all the dry ingredients

Mix it to butter

Prepare a soft dough

Roll out and cut to desired shapes

Arrange on tray and bake

Cool on wire rack

Enjoy


Sending this as an entry to the Tried and Tasted event featuring Aipi's US Masala, hosted by Priya Mitharwal and owned by Lakshmi and originally started by Zlamushka.
I am also sending Daal Baati to this event.

Labels: , , , , , ,