Hi Friends, Hope you have a lovely time going through my recipes. The recipes I post here are tested in my kitchen and only the successful recipes get featured in this blog. If you are trying any of my recipe, please stick to the measurements provided and follow the instructions to get the same result. Any deviation from the original recipe will result in a different output and I will not be responsible for the failure. And please don't use abusive words in comments. As I moderate them, they will never be published in this page. And all the photographs and contents are my property and if you want to use it in any of your websites, please make sure to give proper credit and take my permission before publishing. Thank you!!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Bread Bajji

Yesterday evening, my hubby wanted some snack to have with coffee. Even I was feeling hungry. Wanted to prepare something very easy and tasty too. I had some slices of sandwich bread. So I prepared this bread bajji. It was done within 10minutes and was so delicious. Hubby liked it very much.




Ingredients:
Sandwich Bread-3 slices
Tomato Sauce-for applying on the slices
For The Batter:
Besan/Chick pea Flour-1/4cup
Rice Flour-1tbs
Red Chilly Powder-1/2tsp
Baking Powder-1/4tsp
Salt-to taste


Oil-For deep Frying


Procedure:
1. Apply tomato sauce on two slices.
2. Place the 3 slices one above the other and sandwiching the tomato sauce in between.
3. Cut it into 4 equal squares.
4. Mix the ingredients for the batter. Add water and prepare a thick batter.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. Dip each square into the batter and coat all the sides with batter.
7. Gently drop it into hot oil.
8. Fry till golden brown.
9. Serve hot with sauce.
10. You can also use sweet and green chutney instead of applying sauce on the bread slice.


Sending this to Yeastspotting

32 comments:

  1. Last week hubby was craving for it,so I had 2 make this 4 him...looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me drool here....these looking so tempting ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, bread bajji! What a perfect snack for tea time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect snack and tempting over the click...Makes me hungry now...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple and yummy recipe:-) The clicks really make me crave for some:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect and yummy tea time snack

    ReplyDelete
  7. bread bajji looks totally yum!!...perfect tea time snack!
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very inviting and perfect tea time snack !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gayatri!!! The bajjis look so crisp and tempting!!!I'm drooling now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. tempting bajis...Got reminded of my school canteen where we used to get these hot bajis everyday. Of course the recipe was slightly different..They used to have potato fillings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. quick snack for evening tea! looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bread bajji is so tempting and irresitable snack..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yumm, those bajjis makes me drool, soo tempting and irresistible..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious...mouthwatering...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yum what a delicious treat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. delicious to snack looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow... they look soooo yummy! Nice blog you have....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never tried bread bajji,nice iddea of making this way! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Its a good idea..looks yummy..should try this for sure..

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting. Your comments are very valuable to me. So please feel free to comment on the post you read.

Printfriendly

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...