Recipe Source: Wild Yeast
Whole Wheat Flour-300gm
Olive Oil-1 1/2tbs
1. Mix flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl.
2. Mix oil and water in a cup.
3. Add water to the flour and prepare a soft dough.
4. Feel free to use water more than 1 cup if necessary. The resultant dough should be soft.
5. Knead it for about 10minutes.
6. Place in an oiled bowl and rotate to coat oil on the dough.
7. Cover with wrap and allow it to rise for 2 hours.
8. When the dough is double in volume, Place it on counter and knead it again.
9. Shape into a log and cut it into two equal portions.
10. Roll out each portion into a square.
11. Cut the square into 16 strips.
12. Fold each strip. Roll out into a rope.
13. Apply oil in a tray. Line with butter paper. Grease the paper.
14. Arrange the ropes on the tray.
15. Apply a coating of olive oil.
16. Crush fennel seeds and oregano. Sprinkle on the sticks.
17. Preheat oven to 180C.
18. Bake the sticks for 20-25minutes or until golden brown.
19. Cool on wire rack.
20. Enjoy these crunchy sticks.
As I have given a lot of photos for the preparation of dough, I am starting from the rolling part.
|Start with half the dough|
|Roll out into a square|
|Cut into 16 stripes|
|Fold each strip|
|Roll into a rope|
|Arrange on tray|
|Apply oil and sprinkle the herb|
|Cool on wire rack once done|
This is the fifth day of the week long marathon we are running. Check out the 26 blogger friends running along with me!