I am sending this to Best Western Desserts at Now Serving by Priya.
Recipe adapted from: Diana's Desserts
1. Mix flour, baking soda, salt, powdered cinnamon and powdered mace together.
2. Grind tofu and 1/8cup milk to a fine paste.
3. Beat butter till fluffy. Add honey and pumpkin puree and beat well.
4. Add 1/4cup milk and vanilla to the butter mixture. Mix well.
5. Now add the flour mixture and mix to for a very sticky dough.
6. Roast the pumpkin seeds until they start popping. Allow it to cool on a plate.
7. Mix half the seeds into the bread dough.
8. Grease a bread tin with butter. Place the prepared dough in the pan.
9. Sprinkle the remaining seeds on top and press the seeds so that they stick to the dough.
10. Preheat oven to 180C.
11. Cover the tin with aluminium foil and bake for 75 minutes.
12. Start checking at 1 hour. Insert a tooth pick and if it comes out clean, then remove from oven and let the bread cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
13. Then invert it on to a wire rack and let it cool completely.
14. Enjoy with a cup of coffee.
P.S: The covering of the tin with foil is to prevent burning the top of the bread. As the baking time is more than an hour, the bread tends to blacken on top. Actually, I didn't cover the bread. At 20minutes, the top started turning dark brown in colour. I remembered this tip which I have read in many blogs. So I covered the bread, and after 75 minutes, when the bread was done, the top had a lovely brown color.
|See the color of the base. It was so yummy|
|The crust also had this beautiful color and texture|