Thick Tamarind extract-1/4cup
Yam- 4-5 1"cubes
Potato-1 cut into the size of yam pieces
Ginger-1small piece chopped finely
Powdered Rock Salt-to taste
Mustard Seeds-1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves for Garnish
1. Pressure cook dhal with 2cups of water and turmeric powder till mushy.
2. Add the vegetables, coriander powder, cumin powder, rock salt, groundnuts,tamarind extract, slit green chillies, ginger and jaggery with 1 cup of water.
3. Let it cook on low flame until the vegetables are done.
4. Heat ghee and add the tempering ingredients. When splutters add it to the cooked dhal.
5. Garnish with coriandr leaves and garam masal sprinkled on top.
6. Relish with rice or rotis.
Please check my other post today: Badusha