I prepared these cute cake balls for my daughter's birthday. She took it to school for her friends. They enjoyed eating these. Usually I prepare cake balls with dark chocolate. But this time I used white compound so that I can colour it. I also prepared peanut fudge and stuffed it into the cake ball. I used my usual eggless vanilla cake recipe for the cake. I used my usual butter cream recipe. I have taken the snap of the cross section of the cake ball. You can see the three different layers.
Eggless Vanilla Cake:
Condensed Milk-200gm / 1/2 tin
1. Beat butter, condensed milk in a bowl until smooth and fluffy.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and soda.
3. Mix milk and vanilla extract.
4. Add milk and flour alternatively and prepare a batter.
5. Grease a 9" cake tin and dust it with flour.
6. Pour the prepared batter in it.
7. Preheat oven to 175C.
8. Bake the cake for 30-40minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
9. Cool the cake on wire rack.
10. Crumble the cake in a mixer grinder.
11. Beat the ingredients given or the butter cream until soft and fluffy.
12. First add 1/2cup butter cream to the crumbled cake and mix them together to form a soft and crumbly dough.
13. If needed add more butter cream.
14. Take the roasted peanuts in a hand mill.
15. Crush them to tiny bits.
16. Add condensed milk and butter. Mix it well. The mixture will dry after 10minutes.
17. Prepare small balls out of the fudge.
18. Divide the cake dough into equal portions(this quantity makes about 40 pieces)
19. Make a small cup out of each ball, stuff it with the fudge ball and close the cup and roll it into a firm ball.
20. Refrigerate all the prepared balls. Refrigerating the balls avoids crumbs mixing into the chocolate while dipping.
21. Heat water in a pan. When it starts boiling, simmer and place a bowl on top of the pan and add the chocolate bar.
22. When the chocolate compound starts melting switch off flame.
23. When the chocolate becomes smooth without any lumps, remove from the pan and add the colour.
24. Drop a cake ball into the chocolate. Rotate it gently with a fork.
25. When all the sides are coated, remove from chocolate with the fork.
26. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
27. Gently roll out the cake ball on a butter paper.
28. The chocolate will harden in 2 minutes.
29. Cut aluminium foil into squares and wrap the cake balls with it.
30. Refrigerate before serving.
|Crumble the cake|
|Mix Butter cream|
|Mix the crumbled cake and butter cream to prepare a dough|
|Divide it into small portions|
|Take peanuts in a small mill|
|Crushed peanuts collected into the container|
|Mix condensed milk and butter|
|Prepare small balls out of the peanut mixture|
|Stuff the cake portion with peanut ball|
|Roll into a perfect ball|
|Melt chocolate in a double boiler and mix in the colour|
|Drop the ball into the chocolate|
|Rotate it with a fork for even coating|
|Take the coated ball in the fork and tap to remove excess chocolate|
|Keep it gently on a butter paper|
|Coat all the balls|
|Wrap it in foil|