Eggless Grapes Sponge With Spiced Apple Sauce - February Sweet Punch

Hi Friends. So sorry for such a long break. I was very busy with my daughter's birthday preparations. At last the party is over and I am back to blogging. Actually I received the recipe for this month's Sweet punch very late. I had only 6 days to prepare and post. With the busy schedule, I thought of skipping this month's recipe. But when I had to prepare a dessert for my guests, I thought of preparing this warm cake for them. Yesterday I prepared this and served it to my aunt's family who had come for my cutie's birthday. They enjoyed it a lot. My sister, who is a fan of my cooking, just loved it. The recipe called for black currants, but looking at the pictures of black currants, I know that I will never get it at Madurai. So I used seedless black grapes instead. I prepared it as an eggless version, the substitute being tofu, banana and buttermilk. The recipe called for 3 eggs, so I substituted all the above ingredients, each substituting an egg. I was so afraid of the result. But it surprised me with its soft texture. It was moist and it went well with the hot apple syrup. Thank you so much sweet punch for giving us such a wonderful recipe to try out. Sending this to Celebrate Sweets-Warm Desserts by Priya Mitharwal started by Niveditha





Ingredients:
Seedless Black Grapes-175gm
Cinnamon stick-1
Apple Juice-300ml
Flour-175gm
Baking powder-2tsp
Butter(softened and unsalted)-175gm
Sugar-175gm
Tofu-1/4cup+1/8cup milk 
Buttermilk-1/4cup
Milk-1/4cup
Banana-1
Soda-bi-carb-1/2tsp
Vanilla extract-1tsp


Procedure:
1. Take apple juice , cinnamon and grapes in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil. Switch off stove, cover the pan and leave it to rest overnight.
2. Blend tofu and milk to form a paste.
3. Blend the banana to form a smooth paste.
4. Powder sugar.
5. Filter the grapes through a sieve. Reserve the juice.
6. Beat sugar and butter till fluffy. Add tofu, banana, Vanilla extract and butter milk and beat well.
7. Mix flour, soda and baking powder. Sift it 3 times to mix them evenly.
8. Add milk and flour alternately to prepare a smooth batter. Mix half of the grapes.
9. Preheat oven to 175C. Grease and dust a square tin or a rectangular tray.
10. Pour the batter, arrange the remaining grapes on top and bake for 25-30minutes. Check the cake after 20minutes with a tooth pick. If the tooth pick comes out clean, remove from the oven.
11. Invert on the wire rack and allow it to become warm.
12. When you start baking, heat the apple juice and let it boil till it is reduced to half. Discard the cinnamon stick.
13. Cut the warm cake into slices, pour the hot syrup on top and serve warm.



Labels: , , ,